[robocup-humanoid] Qualification Results for RoboCup 2008

Oskar von Stryk stryk at sim.tu-darmstadt.de
Sat Mar 1 04:09:21 EST 2008

Dear Teams and Readers of this Mailing List,

This year we had a record high number of more than 40 applications
for the RoboCup Humanoid League 2008.
But not only the number also the overall quality of applications has
increased further significantly with respect to 2007.

The five members of the technical committe have reviewed all material
carefully and unanimously decided to qualify 24 KidSize and 10 TeenSize
teams.

We are glad to recognize that the humanoid league is probably
the most prospering league in RoboCup now according to the strong increase
in participating teams:
- KidSize: 16 teams in 2006, 20 in 2007, 24 in 2008
- TeenSize: 5 teams in 2006, 7 in 2007, 10 in 2008

Please note that because of the time and space constraints it is not
possible to increase the number of KidSize teams further.

The results and all qualifying materials are available at
	http://mail.fibo.kmutt.ac.th/robocup2008/store/result.html
Special thanks go to Pasan Kulvanit and FIBO from KMUTT for maintaining
this page.

The results of the qualification have already been mailed out to all teams
on February 15, 2008.

Now we are looking forward to exciting games at RoboCup 2008 in Suzhou!

With best regards,
Oskar von Stryk
(On behalf of the technical committee)