[robocup-humanoid] Asking about wireless communication at HL2008

Pasan Kulvanit pasan at fibo.kmutt.ac.th
Wed Jan 30 20:12:29 EST 2008

Hi,

I think the small size league teams always bring their own access points.
Can anyone back me up on this?

If....they can do it..why can't HL?

Note that communication is extra crucial this year due to the increasing
number of players. Breaking up in communication line is unacceptable.

-Pasan
Team KMUTT
-----------------------------------
> Hi Bantoon,
>
>> I have questions about wireless communication in HL.
>>

>> 1)       Do we need to use just the access point provided by the
>> committee?
>> Or can we use our own access point?
>
> It is not allowed at RoboCup to use own access points.
> Only the access points provided by the local organization are allowed.
>

>> 2)       If we have to use just the access point provided by the
>> committee,
>> what brand/ which standard (a, b, g or n)?
>>
>> 3)       Is there any encryption for the access point?
>
> I think the local organization committee can only answer these
> questions in a binding manner.
>

> Best regards,
> Oskar von Stryk

Pasan Kulvanit
Institute of FIeld RoBOtics (FIBO)
King Mongkut's University of Technology Thonburi
126 Pracha u-tid Road Bangmod Thungkru
Bangkok 10140 Thailand
Mobile : (66) 81-926-2086
Tel      : (66) 2-470-9339
Fax     : (66) 2-470-9703
Email  : pasan at fibo.kmutt.ac.th
Web: http://fibo.kmutt.ac.th

DISCLAIMER:
This e-mail is intended solely for the recipient(s) name above. If you are
not the intended recipient, any type of your use is prohibited. Any
information, comment or statement contained in this e-mail, including any
attachments (if any) are those of the author and are not necessarily
endorsed by FIBO. The FIBO shall, therefore, not be liable or responsible
for any of such contents, including damages resulting from any virus
transmitted by this e-mail.