[robocup-humanoid] Some doubts about rules

Jackson Matsuura jackson at ita.br
Mon Feb 19 15:03:04 EST 2007

Hi all.
Now that we are qualified I can bother you with my questions about rules.
(just three for now).

1- Should our robots use some kind of black shirt and shorts or other kind
of black clothes covering their bodies?
Or we really must paint them black?
I was thinking about a winter shirt (covering entire arm) with the team
mark (front and back) and the name of the robot at the back (Robotbinho or
Robotgério Ceni :-D), perhaps the number at front too. And long pants
covering the legs.
Should we do that? I do not remember to see any humanoids using some time
of clothes, but the rules do explicit say no to clothes.
So, should we produce our uniforms or will we need to paint all the pieces
of our robots in black?

2- Should you explicit the wireless network? We still need to buy the
components for wireless communication and we would like to be sure and not
buy wrong components.

3- I think that I already know the answer for this but I want to be sure
before star working in that.
The head can be larger than the trunk? There is any other restriction for
the width and the length of the parts of the robot besides the cylinder of
diameter 0.55*H ?

Thanks for the attention and sorry for my newcomer questions.
But better asking before modifying or buying something.

Jackson
ITANDROIDS
Brasil